Monday, October 11, 2010

Notes from the gun shop...

Well, today was a semi-slow customer day with only 6 background checks and 2 layaways but there were some neat guns in house.  A National Postal Meter M1 Carbine caught my eye but became a layaway for somebody else.  There is still a High Standard HD Military in the case.  In the back room are 3 Lithgow No.1MKIIIs and a Marlin Cowboy in .45 Colt (near mint but minus box).  I learned something about the Franchi shotguns I didn't know (and I hope I remember).  We had one of those customers who didn't know his state of residence, understand how much of anything worked and hung around asking questions and looking at guns forever before we discovered his circumstance.  We sorted through the contents of an old side opening military ammo can that the boss man took in in trade (but somehow he didn't take the can?) so he could return the can.  Of course, none of the ammo can be sold...  That one passes all understanding but maybe something else was involved. 

One of the oddest things was that nearly every employee was in there at one time and all came through at some time during the day.  It was so crowded behind the counter that there was really very little for any one person to do. 

I did find the .22 bullet trap that I knew was in the shop and had been looking for, I need to go back and get it tomorrow.

No comments: